Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What hat are you wearing?

I feel bad that these are getting shorter and shorter each week as I get closer to coming home but oh well. Our week was alright--lots of doctors appointments and trying to figure out what the deal was with Sister Clark. But it's okay, she's doing a lot better now! :) we are pretty much back to normal at this point.

Oh! Remember the gay woman I was teaching several weeks ago? I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not but we've started teaching her again and she seems to be on the right track this time around. We've noticed real, genuine change in her motives. The lady came to church with bronchitis yesterday for crying out loud! She just wanted to "hear the word." hahaha. life is awesome. So yeah! We are officially helping her get ready for her baptism either this weekend or the next. There are some logistical things to work out but it's gonna be the best. :) woo!

Your spiritual thought for the week is brought to you by the Marietta Ward Relief Society president: "Sometimes I think we tend to compartmentalize our lives. We put on our "wife" hat, then we switch and put on our "Church calling" hat and then before we know it we have a whole lot of hats. This week the Lord taught me that I only need one hat: Daughter. If I can do that one right, then life will be good, simple, peaceful and happy." 

Guys. This is a mentality I've tried really hard to have for the last 9 months of my mission. This is how I want to be. I don't want to have different hats. I don't want to have a "missionary" hat that I take off when I get home. I want to have my "Brenna: A daughter of God" hat on all the time. I want to just be the same person all the time trying to do her best to be like Jesus in whatever situation I'm in. So here's your challenge this week: JUST WEAR ONE HAT. MAKE YOUR LIFE SIMPLE. Be the son or daughter God wants you to be and everything will fall into place.

Terrible explanation, but hopefully you get the idea.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
See ya in 24 days! :) (But who's counting?)

Sister Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment