Tuesday, February 7, 2017

"He is the God of 29 cent chicken!"

Wow! This week was jam-packed. So much good stuff.

First matter of business: It was brought to our attention that Alton Brown from the Food Network lives here in Marietta. We plan to convert him within the next 52 or so days (but who's counting?).

Second matter of business: I can officially say "I go home next month."

Third matter of business: while visiting some less-active folk, we rolled up to a trailer park to meet a family. Upon entering the mobile home, the 21-year-old grandson began telling us an epic tale about the pet wolf he acquired when he was 10 years old. He "rescued" it from the wild, taught it how to hunt, how to open doors, AND how to poop in the toilet. To make the story even more exciting, the wolf's fur was 100% silver (he took it to a jeweler to confirm). But one day, the wolf mysteriously died, never to be seen again. :( I really wanted to see it in real life hahaha. Needless to say, it was a very exciting visit. Haven't experienced something like that since Carrollton and it was the best thing that's ever happened to me <3

Okay now onto the REALLY important stuff:

The obvious good ones: BROTHER LECKIE GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! It was one big Leckie family reunion and the spirit was strong from start to finish. I even teared up a bit, which is very rare baptism behavior for me. Definitely a special day. :)

Also, BRENDA WENT TO THE TEMPLE THIS WEEK! Wowowowowowowow the day finally came, and the gang was all back together. I got to see Sister Smith and Jimmy again, but by far the best thing was seeing Brenda again. It's still so hard to believe that she's where she's at in her life right now. When I saw her on Friday, she looked so dang happy. She's still crazy Brenda, but she was definitely happier than I've ever seen her. Our experience at the temple was......interesting to say the least haha. I'm pretty sure the Atlanta temple has never experienced someone like Brenda before so it was quite the party haha.

There were a lot of lessons I learned about prayer and personal revelation this week, but I think I'm gonna have to possibly save those for my homecoming talk haha. I'm a little bit out of time.... Sorry this is short!

BUT. Know this one thing: God is literally the orchestrator of every single detail of our lives. I know it because I witnessed it more than a few times this week. He knows you, He loves you, He wants you to be happy, and He knows the bigger picture. 

I love you all, be like Jesus this week!

I'm out,
Sister Lawson

(For reference to my title, read "The Privilege of Prayer" by Elder J. Devn Cornish from Oct. 2011 G.C....good stuff. and so applicable to this week.)


1. I was reunited with Daeqkwon this week and it was so happy <3
2-3. Brother Leckie's baptismal pictures
4. Exchanges with the Sisters
5. Brenda on her temple excursion

No comments:

Post a Comment