Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Peace out, PTC

Hello people of the world! (but probably only the Lawson household because no one else actually reads these besides my mom and dad)

The week was pretty great. I don't have a ton to report on other than:

1. TRANSFER NEWS: I will be leaving and Sister Francom will be staying to take over the area! She's terrified but hey, that's just how the mission goes i guess!--Pushed outside your comfort zone all the time...every day...always. She's going to kill it though so we are excited for her! I'm excited to find out where the Lord has called me to. PTC was fun but it's definitely time for a change!

2. We did service a large majority of the time this week. Most of it was spent at the local Food Bank which is my FAVORITE place in all of PTC to go! (The LDS missionaries are famous there so we receive a round of applause whenever this massive mob of 20+ missionaries walk into the building. It's nice to not be rejected sometimes hahaha.) While we were there, we got to talk to a man from a local ministry for ex-convicts and people looking to change their lives who also happened to be volunteering there. He was so shocked that we "actually believe in a living prophet"! But the more we got talking to him, the more he started to understand why we actually NEED one and he wanted to read the Book of Mormon to know what we were talking about. It was pretty fun and i hope the sisters will see him again at the Food Bank and ask him how he liked it!

3. Mr. EJ has been reading the Book of Mormon. Little by little! it's going to be tough saying goodbye to him, he's really just been the light of my whole experience in PTC. I will definitely miss him! But it's all good because i'm bringing my husband to see him when he's 99. :) woo!

4. Sideth is still going strong! We went over the baptismal interview questions with her last night while we ate noodles and she's still so excited. :) we got talking about the temple and her and her family are SO EXCITED to go next year! I'm excited for them too! BAPTISM ON THE 11TH!

Sorry that this email was super lame, but I'm a little bit out of time. Sorry y'all!
Overall it was a decent week, and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me for the last 6 months of my mission. I can't believe how fast it's gone by!

I'M OUT

Sister Lawson

1. The Clemmons family! (aka my OTHER best friends)
2. A fun picture of me and a purple-haired-less-active-lady
3. Chillin' at the Food Bank
4. It was raining really hard.
5. The Sao Family :)
6. The Clemmons family! (aka my OTHER best friends)
7. The PTC squad (aka my best friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment